11/08/2011

the Jigsaw Bedouin Print Pencil Skirt

So today I have a job interview, the first one in a long time and I find myself not particularly fussed.

Is it an age thing, an experience thing, a 'quite like being at home being a student and looking after puppy' thing? or is it just that I have the most amazing Jigsaw skirt to wear to the interview and therefore nothing else matters thing?

Look how beautiful it is.
Feast your eyes on its loveliness.  The Jigsaw website says that Vogue love it too and I believe them, they have pictorial evidence and everything, and to make things even better I got it in the sale.  For an additional, additional bonus, it fits like a dream too.

I like it styled with a neutral colour top but it would look great with a black top too.  Today I'm going for a grey gap short sleeved top which I'll wear with a black blazer over the top (think its going to rain today), and patent heels which were from Jones I think (it was a long time ago).

So here I am in my outfit, feeling really bloody good hurrah.


Some hours later.

Well I'm back and what a palaver it was.  Couldn't find anywhere to park, got a bit panicked and was seriously thinking about calling it all off.  Eventually found somewhere (after doing that horrible stalky thing that I hate) and finally got myself together when the heavens opened and my carefully planned interview outfit got rained on....walked into the office where the interview was to be held looking like a drowned rat, hair awry, stockinged legs splattered with rain and mud...bleugh!

Interview went okay though, nice people and glad I went.

Here are my top tips for interview outfit success (and I have been to a lot of interviews so I am wise and speak the truth):

  • Don't wear a full suit as it is a bit severe, especially if you don't know what the organisational dress code is, a jacket or blazer always makes you look and feel smart though

  • Try to wear something that is comfortable but makes you feel a little bit fabulous (think bright crazy skirt which is obviously what I did!)

  • All the usual's; tidy hair, neat nails, minimal makeup, or even your usual makeup if that makes you feel good just as long as that doesn't consist of full on face, false eyelashes, glitter etc (ignore this if you are going to work in a naughty ladies bar, nightclub or other such place where false eyelashes would be mucho appreciated) 

  • Do not, seriously DO NOT have your boobs or butt cheeks on show, even if they are your best assets, please hide them away, they will only cause unwanted attention if you are being interviewed by a man and envy if you are being interviewed by a woman - see above for exceptions to this rule.
That's your lot, not too difficult huh? and if you can find yourself an equally as beau.ti.ful skirt as this Jigsaw number then you will deffo get the job....well maybe, I'll let you know if it worked for me.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2808159/style-in-bloom?claim=64erhhdd9et">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma