12/10/2011

just walking the dog


I love autumn, oh have I mentioned that already?

This year it's been made even more special because we are walking Tilly in the forest every day and boy do we live next to a good one.  We're so bloody lucky to live across the road from Swinley Forest a huge expanse of trees and loveliness, all owned by the Queen (it's part of the Crown Estate).  Don't worry she lets us commoners tramp around in there to our hearts content so we're not trespassing.


So mushroom season has just finished,.  They've all pretty much died off, or been picked, crazy mushroom pickers were often to be found ferreting around in the undergrowth!  There were some really pretty ones like these little spotties nestling in amongst the heather (and spiders by the looks of it) and some monster ones like this brute - check him out, he looks like a big steak and kidney pie!!


It's lovely when the sun shines at this time of the year, it's a different kind of light, lower in the sky and it really brings out all the colours and makes everything look so much prettier.

Every time I try to take an 'arty' scenic picture though Tilly goes and stands right in shot (see top and below)...makes me laugh, I could do a montage of scenes with Tilly just stood in the middle...well it would make me smile anyway.

This final shot wasn't taken by me, Mr P captured this little mushroom family.....so cute!  Only, is it just me or do they look a bit like a little family of willies?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma