05/12/2011

Urban Decay Book of Shadows Volume IV



Only a few months since the wonderful Anniversary Palette and Urban Decay have done it again with their Book of Shadows Volume IV.  It's so pretty, I'm in love, for the second time in as many months.  How annoying.

They've gone and done it again with their colours, lots of really pretty ones and a whopping ten of them are new...TEN whole new colours....brilliant.



My favourite colours are the amazingly named Bender - a lush dark olive green with a gold shimmer and the beautiful purplely Gravity which has a multicoloured glitter (could be tricky to work with).  I am also in love, love, loving Hijack a pretty blue/green - although I stuck my finger in it when I opened the box for the first time...hmph!

Now this brings me to where and how this box disappoints.  The reason I jammed my finger in Hijack is because the box is full of lots of pointless bits of excessive nonsense which makes it big and cumbersome and difficult to open.

For instance, you get a speaker!!  I mean, how silly and completely not cool Mr Urban Decay. The other items are more useful; you get the standard mini tube of primer potion (always useful), some 24/7 liquid liner instead of the usual 24/7 pencil eyeliner (nice for a change) and also a tiny little sample of the super curl mascara (again, nice for a change).  Only trouble is, I would have loved the palette without these little additions and it also would have made the palette a more suitable size.




So here are all the beautiful colours in all their glory.




Blue Bus is BRIGHT!!! huh?

The other reason I'm in love with this palette is because it has more neutrals than normal....it makes it more useful and better value for money too....an excellent Christmas present maybe...I would be hinting by now but I got this super cheap when we were in San Francisco - which was necessary because this is a pricey little bleeder...oh yes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I WANT this! I love those colours! I love the shade names! So rad! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma