29/02/2012

29 February 2012

Crazy leap year stuff.  We have an extra day to enjoy this year.  How exciting.

Are you doing anything special with your totally free and extra day?

Here are some facts.

Today is called a leap day and it only happens once every four years in years that are divisible by the number 4. Wow, crazy maths fact!

Those born on a leap day are called leaplings and only get to celebrate once every four years - poor leaplings.  They have to chose between celebrating on the 28 February or 1 March and legally (in the UK anyway) become adults, you know turn 18, on the 1 March of the corresponding year.

But, the most famous fact about leap day is the tradition that a woman may propose marriage to a man instead of the other way round today, for one day only.  So, if your man is dragging his heels, get down on that bended knee ladies and do some asking.

I would ask Mr P if he wants to marry me but he got in there first..hurrah hurrah "we're getting married in the morning...tra la la la la.." well, not quite the morning, maybe this year, maybe next but pretty soon I'll be Mrs P....so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma