17/04/2012

back from an extended break


I'm back, seemingly from outer space.  It has been a month since I last blogged and no excuses will be given, I have been neglectful.

And busy, we went here.


With her.


I got these.


And had to choose between these.


I made these.


And ate a bag full of this (courtesy of my gorgeous cousin) x


I also read these and loved them.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)

And watched this.


So a fair amount of stuff huh, but not enough to warrant a full month off blogging...yeah, well, as Socrates once said "Beware of the barrenness of a busy life" and remember that we all need to 'take some time to stop and stare' every now and again and I just did.

ps. I'm studying Socrates at the moment and he 'rocked' the fifth century BC.

WHAT. A. GUY!!!

He discounted the mythological gods by saying things like the clouds produced rain and not Zeus (it seems weird to not know this but this was unheard of at the time), he invented logic and reason, made some kick-ass quotes mostly recorded by his student Plato and then he miffed the rulers of Athens so much they put him on trial for not believing in god (or more to the point their gods) and sentenced him to death by suicide!!!  The man had to drink hemlock to kill himself (apparently not too horrible, see http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/socrates.htm for a full account), all for being wise and lovely.  He was 70.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma