02/05/2012

the best thing about having a dog



Really, proper, bestist thing ever about having a dog is getting out there and having a walk every day. 

Every single day, without fail, this huge, bouncy canine of ours has to be walked.  So there are no excuses, there is no getting out of it, rain or shine (and lets face it, it's been rain, rain, rain here for the past month), Tilly must be walked.  It is such a privilege.



And such a pleasure to watch her bounding around with joy, she LOVES it.  In particular she loves (in order of preference of course):

1. chasing squirrels
2. rolling around in grass - she hasn't rolled in fox poo yet but we fear the time is coming
3. jumping in and drinking from puddles, the bigger the better
4. chasing pine cones - we are fazing this out as she is so OBSESSED with them!
5. chasing the ball and then not bringing it back because she's gotten distracted
6. chasing birds - birds are the devil man!
7. digging
8. sniffing stuff (usually wee and poo)
9. getting treats
10. going home (nah not really, she pulls a face and everything when the lead goes back on).





Would YOU be able to resist this face??

I have just had a period of not being able to walk her every day and I hated it.  I missed her so much (she went off me a bit and everything) and also missed flowers.


These flowers look so tropical, very impressed.  The bluebells still haven't come out in incredible numbers anywhere, I think because it's been so wet and we've had zero sun - maybe if May is a bit sunnier we'll see carpets of blue everywhere - I hope so.

Don't get me wrong, there are other great things about having a dog, too many to mention really but her full body wag when she sees you for the first time in a while (sometimes just after an hour of being apart), ranks up there at the top - she is the best thing ever, she really properly is.

Right then, off out for a walk with Tilly and my good old Dad today.  Have a great day.

6 comments:

  1. I {obviously} love this post so much. There is nothing better than walking a dog and I'm so glad you can walk Tilly again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...I wouldn't be able to resist a cute face like that. Tilly is just adorable! Basil (my dog) loves to go on his morning big walkie down the hill...he does some of the same things on his walk (though it is usually the rabbits he likes to chase).
    From your pretty photo's, it looks like a lovely place to go for a walk in..
    Here is hoping for some sunshine soon..I am hoping it will appear this coming weekend (fingers crossed!).
    Have a good day :)
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading all that I would love to have a dog again!!!
    Maybe one day..... your Tilly is beautiful!
    xxxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to have missed a critical 'like' from your list for Tilly... :) Straight in at number 6 should be, ' Getting spooked by nothing at all apart from her imagination and then leaping about like a gambolling spring lamb until she gets distracted by something else... usually a leaf blowing along the ground, minding it's own business...'. Great blog post! It makes me miss you all while I'm at work! :) x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tilly is such a cutie :) I love taking our puggle out for walks, and he loves sniffing anything and everything in sight, but he always gets tired so fast and ends up plopping down in the shade and refusing to move. Silly dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly couldn't say no to Tilly's beautiful face. Pets sure know how to pull at the heart strings. Lovely post and beautiful photos.
    I have 2 cats. When one in particular was a kitten I really wanted to put a harness on it (potentially for walks :)) but my husband didn't quite see my vision. x

    ReplyDelete

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma