31/05/2012

goodbye to May


Last day of May.  Cold again in Blighty.

Tilly went to the vets yesterday, she has had gammy, gummy eyes for a few days and my usual homemade black tea eyewash wasn't working.

We got there and the vet put some dye in her eyes to check for cuts and scratches and two seconds later her nose went luminous green!!

Ha, she looks so funny - apparently this is completely normal and it went away after a few minutes.

I've had a horribly busy month and haven't blogged nearly enough about the things I love the most;  crochet and crafty stuff.  The good news is that my uni schedule is easing off now, in fact I finish in October :o), so I should be able to finish all my outstanding crafty projects and get my crochet on again.

Hope you all had a wonderful May, here's to a sunny and warm June (I just jinxed it didn't I???).

ps. Tilly has conjunctivitis - who knew dogs got that!!!

5 comments:

  1. hello
    I am your newest follower and I've just come over from The Log cabin to visit.
    Cats get conjunctivitis too ....our cat had it I kept bathing his eyes in tea and it went... he can't have had it as bad as your Tilly then.Love the photo of Tilly,big pink tongue and green nose!!!!
    I like that you are in to crochet too 'cos I'm a crochet addict and that's it for the moment as I'm off to explore your blog-post a little bit more

    Amanda :-)
    Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Amanda, how is sunny Spain today?? I just never knew that dogs and cats got conjunctivitis so you learn a new thing every day don't you. Yes I think the tea thing must work as the vet even said it to me...poor Tilly's just got worse and worse though. Good news is that she is all back and bubbly again now..hurrah.
      I've just been and visited your blog, I like it a lot and had fun reading your blog etiquette post - so funny, so true, so confusing sometimes...have a great weekend. Lots of love xxxx

      Delete
    2. Hola Miss in Bloom...¿Como estas?

      Sunny Spain is decidedly hot today!
      many thanks for your comments on my blog and I have replied there.

      Keep well

      Amanda xx

      Delete
  2. A very green nose indeed! Hugs to Tilly, I am glad to hear she is starting to feel better now though.
    I know what you mean, I have been busy busy as well (there never seems enough hours in the day). I hope you will be able to squeeze in some crafty time for yourself over the next little while.
    Have a good weekend :)
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Tilly is ok. I didn't know dogs, or cats, got conjunctivitis.
    What are you studying at Uni?
    Oh, I'd love to have a sunny and warm winter. We're just hitting Winter now, not that I mind too much actually but my husband, well lets just say he's not enjoying our cool weather and I hear about if every now and again ;). x

    ReplyDelete

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma