04/09/2012

Tilly is a love



That face.

I am so in love with my dog it is untrue.  Well that is when she is not running off with other people and/or dogs - then I don't love her quite so much, in fact, then she makes me cross.  She is particularly fond of our builders, they all spoil her and never tell her off so it's not surprising is it!  Fickle!

She is as grumpy and fed up with the building work as we are and I feel so guilty that I'm not able to take her for the big forest walks she was used to before pregnancy and building work took over our lives.  I can't wait to get back to that again.  She deserves the best does our girl.

Photo courtesy of Mr P
She does have a garden again though, well kind of, it sort of looks like a rubbish tip at the moment but we have doors and a fence so she can go and play if she wants to.  Hurrah!

Did I ever tell you that the vet said she didn't have hayfever - bang go my doggy diagnosis skills off the internet!

She didn't know why Tilly's eyes were a bit weepy but she thinks it might be the halti that we use to walk her.  It looks like this...

Not impressed!

It stops her from pulling and of course she doesn't like it and pulls anyway but if she pulls to hard the halti sort of tilts her face to the side and goes up into her eyes. Ouchee! It sounds really mean but honestly it isn't, nothing happens if she doesn't pull...honest!

Anyway, we have decided to try walking her without the halti but only once I'm not pregnant anymore because she is strong and pully and if she sees something she quite likes (squirrel, pigeon, leaves, sexy black Labradors!) then I've got no chance!

Right I have to dash off and attempt to clear dust and dirt from the house so that we can have some dinner tonight.  We went to the hospital to have the baby turned today and I was sort of pooping my pants about it.  Got there and baby had turned already....hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!! I had a cry and some celebratory Victoria Sponge cake and everything :o)

Now it's just a waiting game.

11 comments:

  1. Awe..Tilly is just the sweetest, she would just melt anyone's heart :)
    I am so pleased to hear that your baby managed to move around for you, that is just great! Defiantly an occasion that deserves celebratory sponge cake :)
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww what a cutie, I'm not really into dogs, intact they actually scare me a little but Tilly looks sooooo cute.
    Hope the lil Baby is being good to you and your not feeling to uncomfortable as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Tilly is a love. Great news about the baby, I hope you don't have to wait too long to greet your little arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tilly has got a very cute face! And what a clever baby you have already. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad for you that the little bambino has flipped ... he/she must be thinking about popping out soon ... how exciting ... Tilly is a beauty ... just a thought .. we have a beautiful border collie called Pepper and when she was a younger we walked her with a lead whith a type of choke chain attached ... sounds horrendous but really isn't ... it trains them to stop pulling on their lead ... she is big now too and would be a problem to restrain if we hadn't used it ... it was recommended by our vet ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so lovely who could not love her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps Tilly needs a little holiday in the Med,she'll be able to can run across the sands to her hearts content!

    How kind baby is and how clever doing it all by his self....his or her...can't remember if you mentioned that????

    take care now

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Tilly.
    I am a big sucker of a pooch who holds their toy in their mouth. We have a retriever who walks nearby and always carries their soft toy in their mouth when they are walking. It makes my heart melt everytime.
    Good luck that the baby has already turned. How very exciting.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is a beauty!!!
    Happy to hear that your baby had done the turning by her/himself!!! good baby!!!
    xxxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous pooch!!!!! I love doggy pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweetie! She reminds me of my granddog, Daisy. Daisy is a love and very energetic. Tilly is a lovey also.

    Hooray for baby turning. I know that's a relief. Smart baby!

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma