09/01/2013

a vintage crochet collar



It's official.  I have a collar fetish and I'm in need of some therapy.

It's driving Mr P insane, he hates the damn things and I just keep on making them, and loving them and just, well, hanging them up around the house and taunting him with them!

I made this collar a while ago and it's been sitting in my basket waiting to be worn/photographed/blogged about/sold for ages and ages and I finally sorted myself out, added a cute pearly button and now I'm getting it all ready to list on Etsy.

I'm catching up on stuff whenever I get a chance and trying to get myself organised so that I can have a full year of dedicated crochet action.  My resolutions this year - yes I do them every year and yes I do believe in their power - include selling something.

Yep, just one thing, no plans to take over the world yet, just lots of ideas and dreams to turn into reality.  I'm going to list on Etsy first and also look at Folksy and Misi too...Misi is a new one that I've just found, anyone ever heard of it?  If I thought I could make up enough stock I would love to have a stall somewhere, not a permanent one but maybe at a village fete or a vintage fayre or something, with pretty bunting and one of those little metal money boxes, it's good to dream.


Anyway I found this vintage pattern from the 1950s ages ago, I can't remember where I found it so must find the original source and put a link up.  I tried it out, played around with it a tad - but not too much as I wanted to keep it as originally vintage as possible and voila!

I made it in a really pretty pink mohair first and gave it a cream edging....lovely but that darn mohair sure do make me itch!!


And then I made the grey one which I think is much more wearable and most certainly does not make me itch!!  I love the pretty beige edging - grey and beige look really good together don't they? - and I'm most partial to the pearly button.


I would really like to do a tutorial and share the pattern so everyone can make these gorgeous things.  I'll sort myself out soon I promise so keep your eyes peeled......off to get these listed on Etsy, if I can, Betsy has just woken up and is demanding attention....like...NOW!

16 comments:

  1. Those collars are beautiful, the collar you have made in the grey is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same dream Emma! Sell some of my handmade things... Not sure how and when , and what really....
    Those collars you made are definitely cute enough to sell!
    Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh pretty! I'm starting to learn to crochet, it'll be a million years till I can do a collar though I'm sure! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really adorable!!! You are right to open a little on line shop, with just few things, just to start....why not???
    I still have logistic problems, but I hope to sort them out in the first months of 2013....maybe this is the right year!!!
    A kiss for Betsy and one for you!!
    xxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very I can see why you like them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful collars - so pretty
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. O i love the pretty pink one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty collars, especially the grey one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE them! Really love them. I'm SO tempted to get the grey one. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful :) definitely something I fancy trying to make...pop over to my blog, there's something there for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. really nice!! love them!! :)

    http://danadimitras.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty :) I've been working on a knitted collar pattern but it's slow going just now as I have so much happening. Good luck with those sales, I'm sure there'll be more than one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these collars, the grey one is my favourite but everytime I try one I feel silly, it just doesnt suit me.Good luck with your new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore collars and yours are just stunning x
    Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, I hope to return to blogging and commenting some time soon x
    I look forward to following you on instagram though, I am lilmissmagie on there..
    Magie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really pretty! I have only just started crocheting but I'm enjoying it a lot.. hope these collars are not too difficult for a semibeginner!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma