16/03/2013

five months


Five months of happy.

Happy, happy, slappy stuff going round and round my teeny tiny brain so much so that I find it quite hard to summon up the brain power to do so-called 'normal' stuff.

You know normal stuff......stuff like brushing my teeth, sending emails/texts to my friends, cleaning the house, making conversation with my husband...you know, 'normal' stuff like that.  I am currently winning the crap prize in normo-land and don't even get me started on my rather extended and entirely unplanned blogging 'holiday'.

But I don't mind, really.  I figure you only get to do this 'looking after a baby' job once or maybe twice if you're lucky or even four times if you're my brother!)!

So what's been happening at Bloom Towers since I last wrote....um, like, over a month ago.

I'm trying knitting again, which is scary after this attempt failed so miserably, but things are going quite well (note the use of the word quite here) and I'm falling in love with it.

All thanks to this wonderful book from Anna Wilkinson.

Always a sucker for pretty colours and an even bigger sucker for pretty nail polish, there was no question that this book had to be mine; pretty colours and pretty nail polish in one picture and I've totally judged this book by it's cover haven't I??

The wristwarmers have been attempted and they are so nice I'm already on my second pair and everyone I know will be getting a pair of these for Christmas.  Nope, not kidding either folks so prepare yourselves and yes I did just mention the C-word in March, must be a bloggy record.


And I'm pretty addicted to the Get Off My Internets forums too.  I love this site, I know I shouldn't but it's so funny and witty and I reckon everyone who writes a blog should visit it regularly to find out what people really think of all the words spewed out in the name of blog every day.  I wouldn't mind these ladies having a snark about me, probably would find it quite funny (probably, depends just how mean they are) but it would sure keep a check on some of the bigger blog egos out there and lordy knows some of them badly need it!

Other than new addictions, we've been watching the rugby, enjoying a spot of red wine (more than a spot on one particularly amusing occasion) walking the dog in the freezing cold (will it warm up, ever?) and mushing up all manner of food for the little lady.

I'm currently sat waiting for my Birthday dinner; hailstones are banging down from the heavens, husband is in the kitchen making frijolemole, dog is whining for her dinner, Betsy is trying to figure out how to get the blanket she just pulled over her head off her head and I'm sat on my backside with a beer watching the rugby.

Happy, happy.

(Hey, try not to vom there at the back)!

7 comments:

  1. Ok, I don't believe this! I just paused the 1st Breaking Bad episode to read your post. So I was scrolling down and I was confused, am I seeing double? ha ha!

    I'm so glad to see you back and so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wristwarmers look really good, i read your scarf post which made me laugh. I made a poncho type thing from one of those big wool books and i look like i am wearing a lampshade- it has never seen the light of day- total disaster. I cant believe Bestsy is already 5 months, my LO is 10 1/2 months now it goes so fast. I am knitting loads of things for her at the moment- its the winter knitting bug because it's still so bloomin' cold. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday Emma!! Buon Compleanno!!!
    I have that same book, but still didn't anything .....shame on me!!! but you know, wrist warmers in here are not useful....but they are so so beautiful indeed (the ones you did!!!)!
    I had a big laugh reading about your comment on "bigger blog egos out there".....;oD
    love, xxxx to you and the girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wrist warmers look great, not bad for getting back in with knitting!! I sometimes find the 'normal' stuff hard too, I worry that my fiancé feels ignored while I crochet all day and all night :P

    Loving your nail polish, so shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bithday Emma ;-) !! Your first together with Betsy isn't it?
    Love your nails... you are a true nail artist! Those wrist warmers look very good!
    Lots of love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bit belatedly, but 'Happy Birthday' :)

    I did the baby thing four times ... it does rather suck the life out of you! Just enjoy every day because soon it will all be a loooong time ago. My girl is in the process of moving away from home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I love the nail polishes :) and breaking bad is brilliant isn't it? My bf introduced me to it, and now we have bought series 1 and 2 for my dad! Can't wait for the next episode!! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma