17/06/2013

do I need to move from Google Friend Connect to Bloglovin'?



That appears to be the question.

Well it does at the minute anyway with all the hoo-ha about Google Reader shutting down at the end of this month.

It's more than a little confusing for someone like me who uses Google Friend Connect and its reader attached to the Blogger dashboard, rather than Google Reader itself.  I have no idea if my blog feed from all my buddies will be there on 1 July or not. No idea at all.

I don't know about you but everything I need is connected to that dashboard so I have become a little flappy about the whole situation.  Flappy enough to actually do something about it too.

Most articles and blog posts about alternatives seem to focus on either Feedly or Bloglovin'.   So, what to do?  Firstly decide if you can be bothered.  Then decide which reader you want to use.

Bloglovin', in a rather timely move, provide a tool that lets you transfer all your subscriptions in one step.  Seeing as I already subscribe to Bloglovin', I used it yesterday and I have to say it's a bit brilliant, worked in under 30 seconds and now all my subs are on my Bloglovin' homepage - huzzah!

If you would rather use Feedly, they have provided the same thing, it sounds like an even smoother experience (no importing, all automatic) only I can't tell you if/how it works as I'm not going down that route.

Hope to see you all over at Bloglovin' towers soon. 




2 comments:

  1. I'm with you!
    I signed up for Blogloving last night and I have to tell you I'm loving it, it's so easy to use and all of my blogs are right there all lined up and I don't have to bounce around the web looking for all of my favorite blogs... By the way, I don't mean to be a pain, but I love how you made your little follow widget with the little flags for facebook, twitter and pinterest... How did you do that? I love it!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read that the dashboard feed isn't going anywhere, so I didn't bother with Bloglovin'. We'll see what happens! I never used Google Reader anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma