22/07/2013

a room fit for a pixie


It has taken us me ages to get Betsy's room looking lovely and fit for a pixie.

I still think it needs some work,  there are serious curtain issues going on in there for a start, but I'm happy with it now.  It looks pretty.  Which is exactly how a little girl's room should look isn't it?


Her picture was a present from her uncle David and is called 'little song bird', this week we have renamed it 'little shriek bird' as she has learned to scream.  High pitched banshee screaming in your ear all day long, lawd she just shrieks whenever the feeling takes her and it's not bloody funny, although you give her the look, you know, the look, and she just laughs in your face...hahahaaa I love my daughter, she is ace!


Springtime throw has pride of place as it bloody well should given how long it took me to make the darn thing.  And she will like it, or else.


I have tried to keep the crochet stuff to a minimum, been slightly put off having recently seen the brilliant British film Sightseers, you need to see the film to see what I mean though, it's a good un and very funny.


So that's your lot.  Little snapshots of the pixie's room.

I've got lots to do today so I must dash and scratch my giant mozzie bites - who, just who thought it was a good idea to go walking in the forest yesterday with bare arms and bare legs - good GOD the mosquitos were the size of small birds!

6 comments:

  1. The first picture is unbelievably cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, she will love all of her special bits and pieces. I need to see this film I am intrigued... Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very curious about the film ... beautiful snapshots of a beautiful room ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. little cute details.....love them!
    I need to see that movie, too!!
    Give a big kiss to the brand new screamer and Tilly!!!
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look pretty :)

    My eldest, aged about 10 months, learnt to blow raspberries on the day of my sister's wedding ... and blew them, very audibly, all through their vows. They got divorced a few years later ... I wonder if he was psychic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol love you comment about sightseers very British film indeed :)
    Loving the crochet, that's what brought me to your blog, as I'm tempted to attempt the throw you've made. Did it really take a long time to make? Looks fab BTW.
    Off to have a longer look at you blog and see what else you've created.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma