05/08/2013

a crocheted thingy



Yep, I made a thingy.

I have no idea what it is, what it might be for or indeed who might like it but there it is, existing.

In fact after my big Simply Crochet moan last week, this pattern is from that exact publication.  It's called a mandala and I still don't know what it is, what it might be for or indeed who might like it, calling it a name, even a pretty name like mandala, does not help in this perplexity.


So yeah, Mr Thingy.  Pretty guy or what?  Well he might as well be pretty seeing as he's good for nothing else.

He was in fact made as a tongue-in-cheek present for my cousin who has just moved house.  Of course she was delighted to receive such a useless piece of tat as a moving in present - every house needs a crochet thingy I told her with a big grin on my face.



Mr P was horrified that I would even think about giving it to her.  It's a joke, I said.  Your jokes are not very funny, he said.

8 comments:

  1. A very pretty thingy indeed, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaa!!! Indeed, all homes do need a crochet thingy and if I might say so... I think you're funny :)
    It looks like a pot holder to me, you know the ones that you put on the counter so that your counter top doesn't burn? See... it has a use now!
    Have a great week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very pretty thingy. To be honest, I think mandalas are just for decoration or cute little mats to sit vases or bowls on... *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. just came across your blog and am so happy to be here! I would love to be able to crochet, hopefully someday! well i'm following now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that thingy! And I love that you gave it to someone as a present... present thngys are the best kind! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Useless to some is useful to others, a bit like me!!! Sometimes its just about making something and you have made a very pretty something. Loved your simply crochet rant, I giggled throughout. Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  7. A life without a crochet thing in it, made or given, is a life barely lived ;)

    I guess I share your sense of humour

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog. I'm going to enjoy reading it. Love your thingy, great colours

    ReplyDelete

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma